This workshop will help students find, craft, edit and perform their stories. After this class students will have the tools to:
- Turn their life into a compelling story
- Look for stories in their everyday life
- Pull out the important moments in stories
- Structure a story to entertain, inspire, and be remembered
- Understand all the moving parts of what makes a good story
- Add humor to their stories
- Take their stories from the dinner table to theaters, board rooms and beyond
Christie Buchele is a stand-up comedian, writer and actor from Denver, Colorado. Christie made a name for herself by the heart-wrenching and hilarious realities of being a woman with a disability. Christie has been featured on Viceland’s, Flophouse; Hidden America with Jonah Ray; and Laughs on Fox. Christie also starred as the lead in the short film Scary Lucy.
Christie has been described as “Brave” for leaving the house in that body, Christie’s comedy has been described as “funny despite what she talks about…” and “Uncomfortable..” by Christie’s mom. She was chosen to open up for the likes Josh Blue, Sean Patton and Andy Kindler. She has also been featured at national comedy festivals like 208, High Plains and Limestone.
Christie co-hosts a witty relationship advice podcast, Empty Girlfriend, which earned best Comedy Podcast by Westword Magazine and best Podcast for Sexpot Comedy in 2017. As one third of the Denver Comedy powerhouse, The Pussy Bros, Christie reps the Mile High City hard while crushing audiences with a wry, biting style that’s a bit sweet, a and a little bit surly; proving time and again you can say almost anything with a smile on your face and a gimp in your step.