SUBMISSIONS DUE: Saturday Jan. 20th 2018
**You'll be notified by Saturday Jan. 27th, 2018 of your acceptance
Thank you for your interest in the 2018 contest4improv4humans Round 1 Colorado competition, which is being hosted by the Voodoo Comedy Playhouse (1260 22nd Street, Denver, CO 80205) and undertaken in conjunction with Matt Besser’s improv4humans podcast and Earwolf. Contest4improv4humans will be a showcase on Saturday Februrary 3rd at 9pm with three teams of 3 or 4 people competing.
Improv comedy teams across the country are eligible to compete in “contest4improv4humans,” hosted by UCB’s Matt Besser. Participating comedy theaters will hold qualifying rounds for teams to do their best set in the style of Matt Besser’s podcast improv4humans. The best teams in each city will post their sets online for a chance to compete in a final, nationwide round - and one winning team will fly to New York City to perform with Matt Besser at the Del Close Marathon in Summer 2018.
Each team will consist of three or four members, all of whom must be over 18 years old and residents of the United States. Team members may not be under any music, acting, or other contract that would limit their ability to freely appear in an online video (see official rules for details.) Employees of the E.W. Scripps Corporation and their immediate family members are ineligible.
The first round is a live performance taking place at 10-15 theaters across the country. Each competing team will have roughly 20 minutes to do a set in the style of improv4humans:
- All performers sit at a table throughout.
- They perform three scenes.
- Each scene is prompted by a one word suggestion from the audience, followed by a group discussion of that suggestion.
- Each set will be taped. A panel of judges at each theater will determine one winning team; then, each Regional winner will release the tape of their set online.
- The improv4humans staff will select three teams from these video submissions to move on to the final round.
There is more contest4improv4humans information and the official rules at https://www.contest4improv4humans.com/contest/.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or more info.
Please fill out and answer questions to the right to submit.